Drone/Quadcopter Photography Workshop’s Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Discover the joy of drone photography in Vermont.
- Learn how pros scout locations and plan flights to get the best photographs and video
- We’ll show you how to frame shots from a drone and fly smoothly for impressive video capture
- Learn how to fly and control drones more accurately and safely and how to prevent crashes and flyaways
- Learn important safety protocols and procedures
- Improve your drone photography and videography capture and editing skills
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Workshop Curriculum
Workshop is customizable to your preferences!
- Safety and FAA briefing.
- Ethics discussion.
- Drone basics. Includes overview and instruction of all features, components, and software. Also learn a lot of critical information, skills, and procedures which are not touched upon in the manuals.
- Radio Transmitter basics. Includes overview and instruction of all features, components, and apps.
- LiPo basics and safety.
- Maintenance procedures.
- Pre-flight preparations and considerations. Includes weather, airspace/nav charts, FAA/ATC notifications, and more.
- Overview of popular photo and video shots styles with instruction on how to perform them.
Outdoor portion of the workshop:
- Smart scouting techniques and takeoff/landing site selection to help avoid costly flyways and crashes.
- Pre-flight checklist, calibration, and adjustments.
- Hands-on flight instruction using your quadcopter. We’ll show you how to frame shots from a drone and fly smoothly for impressive video capture.
- Camera/Video feature overview and instruction.
- Practice all photo and video shot styles with instructor.
- Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation.
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
- An interest in drone photography and/or videography
- A toy micro drone that flies like more expensive drones and is made to survive crashes during practice. (Optionally available for purchase from us.)
- A working drone/quadcopter equipped with a camera/video camera. Entry level drones are welcome! (Note: 3DR, GoPro, and Walkera products are prohibited.)
- Spare batteries for above.
We recommend the following photography drones:
Now offered year round. Outdoor flight time will be adjusted appropriately to the weather and flight conditions/restrictions. Check Availability »
Drone/Quadcopter Photography Full-day Workshops:
Fall: $1049.99 per day for the first person.
Winter: $949.99 per day for the first person.
Spring: $949.99 per day for the first person.
Summer: $949.99 per day for the first person.
Each additional person (up to 6 persons) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
You may extend any workshop for just $150.00 each additional hour.
Please see our Workshop/Tour Terms and Conditions for full details and Workshop/Tour policies. All services are subject to availability.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
Drone or Quadcopter Photography is really taking off! Learn how to maneuver and shoot fantastic photos from above your subject with this advanced piece of equipment. This class is a must if you want to learn about the latest photography trend and take your photography to the next level.
VTPhotoTours Drone/Quadracopter Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. Starting at only $949.99 for the first persons, per day. Each additional person (up to 4) is only $100/each, per day.
Go along with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s all completely up to you.
During Fall, our Workshops are in very high demand on weekends and holidays. All available weekday dates often book up too. So please plan ahead and book as early as possible! If your desired date is unavailable, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist for it and will get in touch if it becomes available.