Bird Migration Photography Workshop’s Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Opportunity for bald eagles, osprey, falcons, hawks, woodpeckers, owls, wild turkeys, turkey vultures, cold water diving ducks, white tailed deer, and more!
- Discover the iconic towns and scenery of Charlotte, North Ferrisburg, Ferrisburg, Panton, Vergennes, Addison and Shoreham of the Champlain Valley scenery and witness the diverse and abundant wildlife in quintessential Vermont Champlain Valley.
- Much of our trip will have breathtaking views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains.
- Also photograph covered bridges, mountain ranges, Iconic Vermont barns, farms, farmers, tractors, cows, sheep, sheepdogs, Mt. Mansfield, Camel’s Hump, and more!
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation (if desired).
- Ride in style and comfort in one of our luxury SUVs. Larger groups ride in luxury passenger vans or luxury buses.
- We’ll pick you up/drop you off at your hotel or any other mutually agreed location within Burlington, South Burlington, Shelburne, Williston, Colchester, Stowe, Waterbury, Waitsfield, or Warren. (Other areas maybe subject to additional charge.)
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Workshop Schedule
- 11am – 1pm:
Meet for lunch at a locals’ favorite restaurant. You’ll have a chance to meet your instructor, Steve Mermelstein and use this time to ask questions about your gear or anything else you’d like help with. Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation (if desired.)
We’ll go to the best locations in Charlotte, North Ferrisburg, Ferrisburg for photography. We’ll also visit exclusive and secret backroad locations only known to a few locals. Everyone will receive one-on-one field time with Steve (if desired.)
Meal break at a locals’ favorite restaurant. Photograph review and edit suggestions. Also use this break to ask Steve more questions or go over anything learned during afternoon session.
We’ll go to the best locations in Vergennes, Panton, Addison and Shoreham for opportunities to make more awesome photos. We’ll also visit exclusive or secret backroad locations, only known to a few locals, where everyone will receive more one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) Before heading back, we’ll set up at a terrific Golden Hour and sunset location (clouds permitting) to make the final photos of the day.
Return to starting location
Everyone is welcome, you only need:
- An interest in photography
- Patience — If you can’t sit idle, waiting for the birds and/or the perfect shot, bird/avian photography is not for you.
- A working camera; any make/model!
- At least one 300mm or longer zoom or telephoto lens
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
Offered approximately from mid-March to mid-May and the end of August to early October. Winter and Summer dates are also available but may not include as many species of birds as during migration. Check Availability »
Fall: $499.99 per day for the first person.
Winter: $449.99 per day for the first person.
Spring: $449.99 per day for the first person.
Summer: $449.99 per day for the first person.
Each additional person (up to 6 persons) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
You may extend any workshop for just $100.00 each additional hour.
Please see our Workshop/Tour Terms and Conditions for full details and Workshop/Tour policies. All services are subject to availability.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
Want to check off a few birds on your all time list? Our bird migration workshops may feature the arrival and departure of Bald Eagles, Loons, Hawks, Caspian Terns, Osprey, Wood Ducks, Buffleheads, Goldeneyes, Sandpipers, Snowy Owls, just to name a few. We visit birding hot spots along rivers, Lake Champlain and forests.
VTPhotoTours Bird/Avian Migration Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. Starting at only $449.99 for the first person, per day. Each additional person (up to 6) is only $100/each, per day.
Go along with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s all completely up to you.
During Fall, our Workshops are in very high demand on weekends and holidays. All available weekday dates often book up too. So please plan ahead and book as early as possible! If your desired date is unavailable, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist for it and will get in touch if it becomes available.