Winter Private Workshop Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Customized and designed to your specific desires, keeping in mind the light, snow and ice conditions, and weather conditions.
- Prior to the workshop we’ll discuss the type of scenery, wildlife, and other things you hope to see and photograph and plan the workshop just for you.
- Opportunities to make photographs of snow covered trees, ice formations, migrating waterfowl, breathtaking landscapes, frozen lakes and ponds, classic and historic architecture in snow-covered small villages, covered bridges, barns and farm scenes, christmas trees and decorations, and/or visit locations where wildlife is often observed. It’s all up to you!
- You can choose to include locations with opportunity for black bear, moose, white tailed deer, red fox, bobcats, hawks, woodpeckers, owls, and more!
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation (if desired).
- Ride in style and comfort in one of our luxury SUVs. Larger groups ride in luxury passenger vans or luxury buses.
- We’ll pick you up/drop you off at your hotel or any other mutually agreed location within Burlington, South Burlington, Shelburne, Williston, Colchester, Stowe, Waterbury, Waitsfield, or Warren. (Other areas maybe subject to additional charge.)
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Private Workshop Schedule
- 10am – 12pm:
Meet for brunch at a locals’ favorite restaurant. You’ll have a chance to meet your instructor, Steve Mermelstein and use this time to ask questions about your gear or anything else you’d like help with. Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation (if desired.)
We’ll go to the best locations for the type of photos you’re hoping to make. We’ll take you to exclusive and secret backroad locations only known to a few locals and you’ll receive one-on-one field instruction (if desired.)
Meal break at a locals’ favorite restaurant. Photograph review and edit suggestions. Also use this break to ask Steve more questions or go over anything learned during afternoon session.
We’ll go to the best locations for opportunities to make more of the photos you desire. We’ll also visit exclusive or secret backroad locations, only known to a few locals, where you’ll receive more one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) Before heading back, we’ll set up at a terrific Golden Hour and sunset location (clouds permitting) to make the final photos of the day.
Return to starting location
Everyone is welcome, you only need:
- An interest in photography
- A working camera; any make/model! Even camera phones are welcome!
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
Our Vermont Winter Private Workshops are available December, January, February, and March. Peak, or the “best” snow, can be found at many different times and places as Winter progresses and we’ll do our best to plan your workshop to include stops at as many of these locations as practical.
Our full-day Winter Season Workshops are $349.99 per day for the first person. Each additional person (up to 6 persons in total) is only $100 each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
Half-day workshops are available on select Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for $249.99 per day for the first 1 person. Each additional person (up to 6 persons) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire. Half-day workshops are not available on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or any holidays.
You may extend any workshop for just $79.99 each additional hour.
Please see our Workshop/Tour Terms and Conditions for full details and Workshop/Tour policies. All services are subject to availability.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
Vermont, the original Winter Wonderland!
Experience the natural beauty of snow-covered Vermont on a private back-road workshop and tour guided by a seasoned professional photographer. He not only knows all the best spots and when to go for the best light, he’ll share his experience and provide instruction, if desired.
VTPhotoTours Winter Season Private Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. Only $349.99 for the first person, per day. Each additional person (up to 6) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
Go along with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s all completely up to you.
Our Winter Workshops are in very high demand on weekends and holidays. All available weekday dates often book up too. So please plan ahead and book as early as possible! If your desired date is unavailable, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist for it and will get in touch if it becomes available.