Fall Private Workshop Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Customized and designed to your specific desires, keeping in mind the light, foliage and weather conditions.
- Prior to the workshop we’ll discuss the type of scenery, wildlife, and other things you hope to see and photograph and plan the workshop just for you.
- Opportunities to make photographs of fall foliage, breathtaking landscapes, lakes, ponds, migrating birds, classic and historic architecture in small villages, covered bridges, cows, sheep, barns and farm scenes, and/or visit locations where wildlife is often observed. It’s all up to you!
- You can choose to include locations with opportunity for black bear, moose, white tailed deer, red fox, bobcats, porcupine, falcons, hawks, woodpeckers, owls, and more!
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation (if desired).
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Private Workshop Schedule
- 11am – 1pm:
Meet for lunch at a locals’ favorite restaurant. You’ll have a chance to meet your instructor, Steve Mermelstein and use this time to ask questions about your gear or anything else you’d like help with. Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation (if desired.)
We’ll go to the best locations for the type of photos you’re hoping to make. We’ll take you to exclusive and secret backroad locations only known to a few locals and you’ll receive one-on-one field instruction (if desired.)
Meal break at a locals’ favorite restaurant. Photograph review and edit suggestions. Also use this break to ask Steve more questions or go over anything learned during afternoon session.
We’ll go to the best locations for opportunities to make more of the photos you desire. We’ll also visit exclusive or secret backroad locations, only known to a few locals, where you’ll receive more one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) Before heading back, we’ll set up at a terrific Golden Hour and sunset location to make the final photos of the day.
Return to starting location
Everyone is welcome, you only need:
- An interest in photography
- A working camera; any make/model! Even camera phones are welcome!
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
Our Vermont Fall Private Workshops are available daily starting with Labor Day (the Tuesday following the first Monday of September) through Thanksgiving Day (the fourth Thursday in November). Vermont’s Foliage Season usually runs early or mid-September through late October. Peak, or the “best” foliage, can be found at many different times and places as Fall progresses and we’ll do our best to plan your workshop to include stops at as many of these locations as practical.
Our full-day (8-hour) Fall and Foliage Season Workshops are $449.99 per day for up to 3 persons. If you’d like to extend your workshop beyond 8-hours, you may for just $50.00 each additional hour. For larger groups; please inquire for pricing and more information.
All workshops subject to availability.
Plus tax and bank/credit card fees. Rates may be subject to a temporary fuel surcharge.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
The air is getting crisp. The leaves are changing colors. The birds are migrating south. Winter will soon be here.
Experience the natural beauty of Vermont during Fall and Foliage Season on a private back-road photography workshop with a seasoned Vermont photographer and instructor. He not only knows all the best spots and when to go for the best light, he’ll also share his experience and provide instruction, if desired.
VTPhotoTours Fall and Foliage Season Private Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. So, you can go alone with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s completely up to you.