Drone/Quadcopter Photography Workshop’s Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Discover the joy of drone photography in Vermont.
- Learn how pros scout locations and plan flights to get the best photographs and video
- We’ll show you how to frame shots from a drone and fly smoothly for impressive video capture
- Learn how to fly and control drones more accurately and safely and how to prevent crashes and flyaways
- Learn important safety protocols and procedures
- Improve your drone photography and videography capture and editing skills
- Much of our trip will have breathtaking views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains.
- Photograph mountain ranges, Iconic Vermont barns, farms, and more!
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation
- Ride in style and comfort in one of our luxury SUVs.
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Workshop Schedule
Times are approximate and customizable to your preferences!
- 11am – 1pm:
Meet for lunch at a locals’ favorite restaurant. You’ll have a chance to meet your instructor, Steve Mermelstein and use this time to ask questions about your gear or anything else you’d like help with. Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation (if desired.)
We’ll head to our classroom for the indoor portion of the workshop. We’ll cover critical information to operators and other secrets of the pros that you can’t find in the instruction manuals or on the web. Then get hands-on with flight instruction using our small quadcopters. Everyone will receive one-on-one time with Steve (if desired.)
Meal break at a locals’ favorite restaurant. Use this break to ask Steve more questions or go over anything learned during afternoon session.
We’ll go to a few locations which provide opportunities to make some awesome photos and everyone will receive more one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) Before heading back, we’ll set up at a terrific Golden Hour and/or sunset location (clouds permitting) to make the final photos of the day.
Return to starting location
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
- An interest in drone photography and/or videography
- A toy micro drone that flies like more expensive drones and is made to survive crashes during practice. We strongly recommend the Blade Inductrix FPV Racing Drone (RTF) or Blade Inductrix RTF as spare parts are inexpensive and can easily be repaired by anyone.
- A working drone/quadcopter equipped with a camera/video camera. Entry level drones are welcome! (Note: 3DR and Walkera products are prohibited.)
- Spare batteries for above.
We only recommend the following photography drones:
Now offered year round. Outdoor flight time will be adjusted appropriately to the weather and flight conditions/restrictions. Check Availability »
Fall: $399.99 per day for the first 1 or 2 persons.
Winter: $349.99 per day for the first 1 or 2 persons.
Spring: $349.99 per day for the first 1 or 2 persons.
Summer: $349.99 per day for the first 1 or 2 persons.
Each additional person (up to 6 persons) is only $50/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
You may extend any workshop for just $50.00 each additional hour.
Please see our Workshop/Tour Terms and Conditions for full details and Workshop/Tour policies. All services are subject to availability.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
Drone or Quadcopter Photography is really taking off! Learn how to maneuver and shoot fantastic photos from above your subject with this advanced piece of equipment. This class is a must if you want to learn about the latest photography trend and take your photography to the next level.
VTPhotoTours Drone/Quadracopter Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. Starting at only $349.99 for the first 1 or 2 persons, per day. Each additional person (up to 4) is only $50/each, per day.
Go along with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s all completely up to you.
During Fall, our Workshops are in very high demand on weekends and holidays. All available weekday dates often book up too. So please plan ahead and book as early as possible! If your desired date is unavailable, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist for it and will get in touch if it becomes available.