Brewery Tour and Photography Workshop Highlights
- A Fully Private Photography Workshop — We don’t take you out with strangers!
- Customized and designed to your specific desires, keeping in mind the light, foliage and weather conditions.
- Prior to the workshop we’ll discuss the type of scenery, wildlife, and other things you hope to see and photograph and plan the workshop just for you.
- We’ll be your designated driver while you ride in style and comfort in one of our luxury SUVs. Larger groups ride in luxury passenger vans or luxury buses.
- Opportunities to make photographs of breathtaking landscapes, lakes, ponds, classic and historic architecture in small villages, covered bridges, cows, sheep, barns and farm scenes, and/or visit locations where wildlife is often observed. It’s all up to you!
- You can choose to include locations with opportunity for black bear, moose, white tailed deer, red fox, bobcats, porcupine, falcons, hawks, woodpeckers, owls, and more!
- Individual instruction in the field with one-on-one time with your instructor, Steve Mermelstein.
- Portfolio consultation (if desired).
- We’ll pick you up/drop you off at your hotel or any other mutually agreed location within Burlington, South Burlington, Shelburne, Williston, Colchester, Stowe, Waterbury, Waitsfield, or Warren. (Other areas maybe subject to additional charge.)
- Rain, snow, or shine — we will plan the workshop accordingly.
Example Private Workshop Schedule
- 11am – 1pm:
Meet for lunch at a locals’ favorite restaurant and brewery. You’ll have a chance to meet your instructor, Steve Mermelstein and use this time to ask questions about your gear or anything else you’d like help with. Share your portfolio and receive professional portfolio consultation (if desired.)
We’ll go to the best locations for the type of photos you’re hoping to make. We’ll take you to exclusive and secret backroad locations only known to a few locals and you’ll receive one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) Along the way we can stop at breweries for tastings and/or to shop.
Meal break at a locals’ favorite restaurant and brewery. Photograph review and edit suggestions. Also use this break to ask Steve more questions or go over anything learned during afternoon session.
We’ll go to the best locations for opportunities to make more of the photos you desire. We’ll also visit exclusive or secret backroad locations, only known to a few locals, where you’ll receive more one-on-one field instruction (if desired.) We’ll set up at a terrific Golden Hour and sunset location (clouds permitting) to make the final photos of the day. We’ll then go to one more brewery before heading back.
Return to starting location
Everyone is welcome, you only need:
- An interest in photography
- A working camera; any make/model! Even camera phones are welcome!
- To drink alcohol: You must be at least 21 years old and have a government issued photo ID. The only acceptable forms of ID are a Government/State issued: Photo Driver’s License, Photo ID Card, Passport/Enhanced Driver’s License, or US Military ID indicating your date of birth.
NO JUDGMENT ZONE! All ages, abilities, and skill levels welcome!
Available Year Round!
For Foliage Season: The leaves usually turn early or mid-September through late October. Peak, or the “best” foliage, can be found at many different times and places as Fall progresses and we’ll do our best to plan your workshop to include stops at as many of these locations as practical.
Fall: $499.99 per day for the first person.
Winter: $399.99 per day for the first person.
Spring: $399.99 per day for the first person.
Summer: $399.99 per day for the first person.
Each additional person (up to 6 persons) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
You may extend any workshop for just $79.99 each additional hour.
NOTE: Due to VT Liquor Law, VTPhotoTours does not provide beer/alcohol or include the cost of beer/alcohol in the cost of this workshop. You may (at your option) purchase beer/alcohol from breweries we stop at. Many offer free samples or tastes.
Please see our Workshop/Tour Terms and Conditions for full details and Workshop/Tour policies. All services are subject to availability.
We offer private workshops for one or up to a forty person group
Perfect for family reunions, corporate outings, or any other type of group event. You decide the date and time and we will create a special day that you and your group will never forget!
Large Group Private Workshops are priced according to all the specifics that you request. Please Check Availability for more information.
Vermont is home to more breweries per capita than any other state in the US! We will discuss and plan stops for tastings/tours at several of Vermont’s best award winning breweries and brewpubs during your workshop.
Experience the natural beauty of Vermont on a private back-road photography workshop and beer tour with a seasoned Vermont photographer and instructor. He not only knows all the best spots and when to go for the best light, he’ll also share his experience and provide instruction, if desired.
VTPhotoTours Brewery Tour and Private Photography Workshops are fully private workshops and priced by your group’s size. Starting at only $399.99 for the first person, per day. Each additional person (up to 6) is only $100/each, per day. For larger groups; please inquire.
Go along with the guide making it a fully private workshop with private instruction, go as a couple, go with your friend(s), or make it a family/corporate outing. Go for one day, two, three, or even more. It’s all completely up to you.
These workshops are in extremely high demand on weekends and holidays. All available weekday dates often book up too. So please plan ahead and book as early as possible! If your desired date is unavailable, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist for it and will get in touch if it becomes available.